Acupuncture is probably the most well known and most frequently utilized treatment method of what is commonly referred to as Chinese or East Asian Medicine. Learn more.
Clinical studies have shown that acupuncture has been an effective treatment for the following diseases, symptoms or conditions:
- Musculoskeletal and Neurological Disorders: Headaches and Migraines, Arthritis, Neuralgia, Sciatica, Back Pain, Bursitis, Tendonitis, Stiff Neck, Bell’s Palsy, Trigeminal Neuralgia, Stroke, Cerebral Palsy, Polio, Sprains, Muscle, Spasms, Shingles
- Gastrointestinal Disorders (Digestive System): Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS), Spastic colon, Colitis, Constipation, Diarrhea, Food Allergies, Ulcers, Gastritis, Abdominal Bloating, Hemorrhoids
- Gynecological / Genitourinary Disorders: Infertility in Men and Women, Premenstrual Syndrome (PMS), Irregular, Heavy or Painful Menstruation, Endometriosis, Menopause, Fibroids, Chronic Bladder Infection, Complications in Pregnancy, Morning Sickness, Kidney Stones, Impotence, Sexual Dysfunction
- Immune Disorders: Fibromyalgia, Candida, Chronic Fatigue, HIV and AIDS, Epstein Barr Virus, Allergies, Lupus, MS, Hepatitis
- Addiction: Smoking Cessation, Drugs, Alcohol
- Emotional and Psychological Disorders: Anxiety, Insomnia, Depression, Stress
- Eye, Ear, Nose, Throat Disorders: Sinusitis, Sore Throat, Hay Fever, Earache, Nerve Deafness, Ringing in the Ears, Dizziness, Poor Eyesight
- Circulatory Disorders: High Blood Pressure, Angina Pectoris, Arteriosclerosis, Anemia
- Respiratory Disorders: Asthma, Emphysema, Bronchitis, Colds and Flus, Acupuncture Also Treats
- Chemotherapy/Radiation Side Effects: Diabetes, Dermatological Disorders, Weight Control
Cupping is one of the treatment methods of Chinese or East Asian Medicine. It is a simple and effective therapeutic technique which can be used alone or in combination with acupuncture therapy. Cupping is one of the best deep-tissue therapies available. It is thought to affect tissues up to four inches deep from the external skin. Toxins can be released, blockages can be cleared, and veins and arteries can be refreshed within these four inches of affected materials. Even hands, wrists, legs, and ankles can be ‘cupped,’ thus applying the healing to specific organs that correlate with these points. Learn more.
Moxibustion is a traditional Chinese medicine technique that involves the burning of mugwort, a small, spongy herb, to facilitate healing. Moxibustion has been used throughout Asia for thousands of years; in fact, the actual Chinese character for acupuncture, translated literally, means “acupuncture-moxibustion.” The purpose of moxibustion, as with most forms of traditional Chinese medicine, is to strengthen the blood, stimulate the flow of qi, and maintain general health. Learn more.
For more information about how acupuncture and other treatments can help you, please contact Board Certified Licensed Acupuncturist, Steve Drugan,B.S., L.Ac., at 614.218.6287 or click here. Taking new patients in and around Columbus, Ohio.