IUI and Acupuncture
Acupuncture along with IUI support is claimed to increases the possibility of a healthy pregnancy. However, specialists recommend that these treatments should start ninety days before the procedure. In case that is not possible, treatments should begin as soon as possible.
While fertility medications may function well to improve the total number of follicles, they may not take into account the egg quality, which gets released. The environment in which the eggs are growing is optimized along with the support of Chinese medicine and maître acupuncture ensures that the follicle quality and count are improved. As a result, there will be a higher rate of conception and greater success rates of pregnancy.
Intrauterine Insemination along with acupuncture can help in the following ways.
- Increased blood flow to the ovaries and the uterus that can enhance implantation rates.
- Enhance the health of follicle and eggs.
- Prevent contraction in uterus thereby supporting implantation.
- Regulate the axis of hypothalamus-pituitary-ovary.
- Lower stress levels and ensuring the regulation of a sympathetic nervous system that can play a crucial part in successful pregnancy results.
- Decrease the fertility medications’ side effects.
IUI or intrauterine insemination is an advanced technique wherein the washed sperm is directly inserted into a woman’s uterus. It is a technique that can increase the number of sperms, which can reach up to a woman’s Fallopian tubes.
The Intrauterine Insemination technique can either be applied in a natural cycle or along with certain fertility medications. The intent of these medications is to simulate a growth in the formation of ovulating follicles or to trigger ovulation. When a female goes through her regular menstrual cycle, there is a release of only a single follicle and egg. When multiple mature eggs are released, the possibility of conception and fertilization go up.
An USG is frequently performed during an intrauterine insemination on the 12th day of a menstrual cycle. This may, however, vary from woman to woman.
At times, it is. Imbibed with hCG or human chorionic gonadotropin for simulating the process of ovulation and eggs are released within a time period of 24 to 36 hours.
When does a fertility clinic recommend Intrauterine Insemination?
It often recommends Intrauterine Insemination in the following cases.
- Donor sperm
- Sexual dysfunction
- Unexplained fertility
- Male factor infertility like morphology, motility or count
- Cervical factor infertility
- Mild fertility problems
Who are the ideal candidates to go for Intrauterine Insemination?
- If a woman is open to having twins
- Women who are not yet 40-year-oldt
- Men have erectile or sexual dysfunction
- Women have hostile or thick cervical mucus
- Male factor infertility like count, morphology or motility
- Women whose Fallopian tubes are not blocked
However, it is important to consult a good fertility doctor and go through the risks and benefits associated with an Intrauterine Insemination treatment. If you are residing in Columbus, Ohio, a good fertility clinic can advise you on how to go about it.
For more information about how acupuncture and other treatments can help you, please contact Board Certified Licensed Acupuncturist, Steve Drugan,B.S., L.Ac., at 614.218.6287 or click here. Taking new patients in and around Columbus, Ohio.