Shoulder Pain Treatment
Over the past few years, doctors have been noticing an increase in the number of medical cases related to shoulder pain. Simple things that people used to do, they no longer find it easy to do; in fact, they find it quite tricky and impossible to do because of the excruciating pain in the region.
One of the four muscles– the supraspinatus muscle, is primarily the area where one experiences acute discomfort. The shoulder as a part of the body is prone to repetitive injury because of the ball and socket joint functioning. Overuse of the area automatically results in the body responding. The pain can be quite excruciating and can drive you up the wall, Luckily, there is a solution in the form of acupuncture.
The ancient Chinese treatment plan
- The licensed acupuncture professional ensures that they have all the details about the patient. It would be in the best interest of the patient to have a scan done at a reliable lab and carry the records for the consultation.
- After checking the report and conducting their own detailed analysis, the acupuncturist will be able to identify the extent of the damage. He/she will then take into account the cause and the pattern that has brought about the injury. He/she will then work on a treatment plan to sort out the issue.
- This ancient science focuses on reducing any inflammation without the need of medication. The pain is treated without any conventional method. During the procedure, the blood flow also improves, thereby decreasing any tension in the region.
- The professional inserts thin, sterilized needles into strategic parts of the body for a positive response. This ancient Chinese treatment releases pain killing chemicals in the body known as opioids and the adenosine, commonly referred to as natural painkillers, which ultimately does away with the pain. The treatment, in actuality, concentrates on dealing with hidden causes rather than the in-your-face causes.
- A patient opting for acupuncture for the first time may be scared upon seeing all the needles However, the needles are so thin and fine that you will never experience any pain except for a tiny prick.
- To achieve the best results with acupuncture, it may be essential to have a series of follow up sessions.
- Acupuncture is one of the safest alternative treatments that do not require going under the knife. Since the plan is to get to the root cause that has injured the tendons in the shoulder region, the specialist will work out a plan.
There is no sure way to ‘cure’ a pain. The best method is to find a solution to the problem, which does not require pain medication. Hence, the necessity to find a solution that does away with an imbalance of the body that has caused the pain to manifest. Acupuncture is a sure way to root out the inherent causes. One main criterion is to find out a reliable and licensed professional.
Acupuncture is performed by licensed practitioners in Columbus, OH.
For more information about how acupuncture and other treatments can help you, please contact Board Certified Licensed Acupuncturist, Steve Drugan,B.S., L.Ac., at 614.218.6287 or click here. Taking new patients in and around Columbus, Ohio.
Photo by Simon James from Darlington, UK (Day 80 – A Pain in the Neck Uploaded by CFCF) [CC BY-SA 2.0 (http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/2.0)], via Wikimedia Commons